As a day to day, hands on Senior Manager / Manager – Fundraising, this position holds significant strategic responsibility being part of the fundraising team in determining the direction in which the fundraising team raises the funds.
Job Description (Role Expectations)
The role will entail and not be restricted to the following responsibilities:
● To handle all fundraising activities of the organization.
● To handle fundraising operations from corporate, trust, statutory and individual donors.
● To conduct research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals, etc., finding a match with partners whose philanthropic or funding criteria match the organization’s, or its partners vision and activities.
● To review and evaluate fundraising programmes, align resources appropriately and to develop the staff structure to deliver income effectively.
● Explore funding opportunities and take the lead in developing and writing project proposals based on donor requirements, thereby submitting winning proposals.
● Meets proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; coordinating requirements Page 1 with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
● Maintains internal proposal database
● To deliver a fundraising strategy for the future that will be in line with the organisation’s plan and review this strategy at regular intervals with the Executive Director.
● To achieve annual fundraising income targets in line with the long and short-term goals and objectives of the organization.
● To contribute in formulation, setting and controlling the departmental budgets and targets with the fundraising team and finance.
● To develop and manage activities to expand the organisation’s individual donor base, exploring and implementing methods to achieve this.
● To develop and manage relationships with existing and new donors in order to maximise fundraising potential and supporter retention.
● To identify fundraising opportunities in line with organisational planning, preparing applications to charitable trusts, grant making bodies and companies, and managing subsequent reporting and relationships with funding partners.
● To represent the organisation to appropriate donors, funders and networks to secure ongoing and new support. Network with groups like CII, FICCI, Oxfam, etc.
● To research, test and where appropriate, develop new fundraising ideas and opportunities for income generation.
● To keep up to date with key developments and projects in the organisation and to maximise the use of relevant projects and case studies with the fundraising programmes.
● To keep up to date and comply with current legislation and standards related to fundraising and utilization.
● To develop and build strong and effective working relationships with the donors, the media and other external agencies.
● To prepare regular management information reports in respect of all aspects of the organisation’s fundraising activities, including performance against income generation targets for the Executive Director.
● To manage the fundraising section of the website and advise on ways to use the website to support wider fundraising initiatives.
● Prepare reports & presentations for partners/donors based on the specific requirements of partners/donors.
● To contribute to the strategic development and operational running of the organisation with the Executive Director and other senior managers.
● To represent the organisation at external meetings, where appropriate.
● To manage the fundraising budget, including planning, phasing and forecasting in line with the organisation’s financial procedures.
● Additional duties may include meeting with donors and presenting projects in order persuade funding
To be successful as a member of the team, you will also:
● Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an established non-profit organization.
● Be an innovative and creative thinker; you are not afraid to try something new and inspire others to do so.
● Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness.
● Have a strong work ethic and require minimal direction.
● Work well independently as well as part of a team.
● Thrive in a fast-paced, diverse and fun environment.
Competencies for the role:
● Energetic, enthusiastic and flair to work hard and achieve ambitious targets.
● Excellent organizational abilities and attention to details.
● Ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential.
● Excellent written, verbal communication & presentation abilities.
● Ability to plan, balance and cope with competing priorities.
● High standard of numeracy and budgeting skills.
● High standard of computer competency and literacy.
● Proven fundraising with the ability to meet targets.
● Expertise in relationship development and management.
● Demonstrable success in delivering a successful fundraising campaign.
● Commitment to delivering a high quality service.
● Flexible and adaptable approach to work demands across the whole organisation.
Education, Experience and Exposure
● More than 10 years of experience with a track record of 5 – 7 years’ of successful fundraising experience.
● Prior experience working in child rights area would be an added advantage.
● Willing and able to work evenings and weekends to support fundraising events.
Salary is commensurate with qualification & experience.
● Applications will be considered on rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
● KSCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: fundraising job, job in new delhi, management job