About Project DEFY
Project DEFY is a non profit based out of Bangalore, India that has been working in the sector of self design learning through learning spaces called ʻNooksʼ. The organisation works globally facilitating the setting up of ʻNooksʼ in communities hit by marginalisation and keen on creating their own learning systems.
Work Culture at DEFY
As young non-profit organisations, Project DEFY offer you the opportunity to be part of an exciting journey to revolutionise the Indian education system. In this journey, hard work as well as an open mind and the willingness to take on new challenges is required. At the same time, we are a close-knit team that values time spent together and always strives to have its fair share of fun. We appreciate every team member equally and attempt to have as little hierarchies as possible within the organisation.
We believe in affirmative action and particularly encourage people from marginalized backgrounds to apply, including sexual/gender minorities, adult children of sex workers, people living with HIV, dalits, adivasis, women, religious and ethnic minorities.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an energetic, proactive individual who is passionate about the alternative education sector and has some experience in fundraising. The candidate should also have some experience in managing projects and working with teams and, ideally, in building long-term partnerships. The Fundraising Associate also should be able to communicate well and clearly with a variety of stakeholders and explain budgets clearly.
The Fundraising Associate role at the Bangalore office is a crucial role which entails looking and reaching out to funding organisations, helping streamline funding processes, and accessing potential funding opportunities for the expansion of the Nook concept locally and globally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Identify, engage and invest key organizations, foundations and companies to support setting up of new nooks.
● Find suitable donors, assessing donor alignment, reaching out to potential donors and following up on leads, arranging meetings and making presentations.
● Research new income streams such as grants and social project capital.
● Regularly monitor donor websites and identify investor opportunities matching the work of the organization
● Create and maintain database of funding partners and opportunities
● Write and own proposals, reports, and any documentation to request for, procure, and continue to access funding
● Manage accounts and communication with any and all funding sources from organizations, foundations and companies
● Develop and maintain relationships with coalitions, groups, forums and any other similar collectives to further generate income along with building lasting relationships with existing investors/donors.
● Manage internal and external deadlines and communication for all fundraising activities
● At least 2 years experience working with fundraising in a nonprofit organization, foundation, trust, or corporate company
● A proven track record in creating high quality RFP, proposals and communication for external stakeholders, and raising funds
● An understanding of the communication doʼs and donʼts for large scale proposals and requests
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, proficiency in English and Hindi (preferred).
● Comfort with technology usage and tech products.
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: associate, fundraising