In Odisha WASSAN is responsible as Programme Secretariat for “Special Programme for Promotion of Millets in Tribal Areas” under Odisha Millets Mission (OMM), a flagship programme of Department of Agriculture and Farmer Empowerment Government of Odisha. For more details, visit https://milletsodisha.com
1. Liaising with State Government officials and District level officials as per the project requirement.
2. Planning, Coordination and Management of the programme with Department of Agriculture, Department of Mission Shakti, Department of MSME, Department of Sport and Youth Affairs, Startup Odisha, SC/ST/RTI and other departments/stakeholders as per the project need.
3. Planning, Coordinating, and following up on the deliverables for project and International Year of Millets 2023.
4. Preparation of PPTs, reports, meeting notes, case studies, proposal development, proceedings for the meetings/consultations/workshops at state level and department level.
5. Coordinating with International agencies for planning and conducting the program fro IYoM 2023
6. Motivating the SHG and other Institutions for the Millet Startups
7. New Idea generation on Millet Promotion and awareness, convergence etc.
8. To work on the aspects of Sustainable Development Goals 2030 and prepare the planning and proposals.
9. Monitoring and Follow ups the different assignments on department level and come with an end result.
10. Coordination with Other project staff of WASSAN and District Staff under the project and motivate them for the project deliverables.
11. Any other work assigned by the authority/ team member and as per the requirements of project role may be changed from time to time.
12. Coordinating with the Events team in conducting the various mainstreaming events for bringing millets from Farm to plate.
Period of Contract:
Contract will be for a period of 1 years after initial probation period of 3 months
Desired Profile of the Candidate:
1. Should have full time Master’s in Agriculture/ Rural Management/Social Work/Tribal Studies/Development studies or any relevant qualification.
2. Should have at least 6 years of post master degree experiences of implementing agriculture and allied sector projects.
3. Should have demonstrable experience of liaising with State Government officials and District level officials on agriculture initiatives.
4. Should understand the components of millet mission such as production, processing, value addition and marketing.
5. Good technical understanding of millet production systems will be an added advantage.
6. Should have knowledge of project planning and coordination with departments.
7. Should have good computer skill on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
8. Should have good understanding of project accounts and finances.
9. Ability to speak fluently in English and Hindi is a must. Passable understanding of Odia will add as an advantage.
10. Should be willing to work on holidays and long hours as per the requirement of the project.
11. Should be very motivated and be a team player. Should be willing to flexible with location and work timings.
12. Should be willing to learn concepts and become skilled to meet the organizational needs.
As per the competitive Market standard. Deductions shall be applicable as per the organization norms.
How to Apply:
Interested People may apply through the link: https://forms.gle/S7czrcrAyZW9ySdo8 by 17th February 2023.
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: agriculture, coordination and technical support