Number of Positon: 01
Programme: Neurodevelopment and AutisM in South ASia Treatment and Evidence (NAMASTE)
Location: Saket, New Delhi, India
Reports to: Programme Director
Tenure: 60 Months
Time: Full time (5 days a week)
Remuneration: 9-10 lakh per annum (All staff benefits including EPF, health insurance and gratuity will be additional
as per organizational policy)
Sangath is one of India’s leading mental health research non-profit organization. It was founded in 1996 with its
headquarters in Goa; major hubs in Delhi and Bhopal, and project sites in many parts of the country. Sangath’s mission
and expertise lies in developing and evaluating mental health interventions to be delivered through existing public
systems. Its major thematic areas are: Child development and disability; adolescent health; mental disorders; and
ageing. Sangath was awarded the prestigious MacArthur Foundation International Prize for Creative and Effective
Institutions in 2008 and the WHO Public Health Champions Award for India in 2016. It has completed a number of
randomized controlled trials for mental disorders in India, including the only two autism trials in the country.
About the Programme:
Neurodevelopment and AutisM in South ASia Treatment and Evidence (NAMASTE) is an exciting new programme
which will be implemented by Sangath, an Indian not-for–profit working in the field of public health research for over
25 years. NAMASTE will aim to design and implement a flexible evidenced pathway towards universal health coverage
for children with Autism, through a programme of research, training and capacity building across India, Sri Lanka and
NAMASTE is the result of a 10-years collaboration, Sangath, and the University of Manchester that have carefully
adapted the ‘ Parent-mediated Autism Social Communication Intervention for non-Specialists Plus (PASS Plus), which
has shown real-world effectiveness in two initial randomised trials, with large-scale evaluation now within the New
Delhi health system. NAMASTE will leverage Sangath’s extensive experience with digital training and supervision,
which can support both health workers and researchers. NAMASTE will also be collaborating with the World Health
Organisation’s ‘Caregiver Skills Training’ (CST) for more general neuro-disability. Care pathway components will include
a novel, flexibly staged, digitally enabled, detection protocol (for neurodevelopmental difficulties and autism);
combined with a complimentary and evidenced intervention protocol consisting of CST training for general delays and
the PASS Plus intervention for autism. In each region and at each stage, community partners and co-applicants will
help co-design awareness materials and advise on tool and protocol development.
About the Role:
Sangath is seeking to recruit a Senior Programme Coordinator for NAMASTE. The Senior Programme Coordinator will
be responsible for the overall management of the programme including the implementation of the programme in
adherence to its stated objectives, recruitments and capacity building of all team members, liaison of government and
non-government stakeholders across all study sites and compliance to organizational HR, admin and finance policies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Liaison with Key Public Health Stakeholders
1. Liaison with bureaucrats and government programme officials on national, state, district and sub-district level
for the effective implementation of the project.
2. Build, coordinate and maintain partnerships with community members and health system stakeholders at
fieldwork sites (Delhi and Goa), including members of the public health community and civil society.
Field Work Planning and Implementation
3. Recruit all programme teams.
4. Coordinate and supervise with the various programme teams.
5. Plan and oversee the daily activities of the team.
6. Ensure quality of fieldwork through regular supervisory visits.
7. Support fieldwork site travel and logistics for data collection on participants and implementation.
8. Monitor the fieldwork progress and provide effective solution.
9. Facilitate and coordinate the daily project activities and plays a critical role in the conduct of the project.
10. Communicate with team members to ensure optimal strategy and maximum efficiency.
11. Lead routine meetings and report pertinent information to and from team members.
12. Prepare reports related to fieldwork status for communication with project team and collaborators including
the country teams in Nepal and Sri Lanka.
13. Assist in submission of accurate and timely closeout documents to applicable regulatory and sponsoring
14. Lead in recruitment of a fieldwork team for both implementations of intervention and research activities.
15. Develop a project management plan to include details of developing and monitoring all aspects of a project.
16. Assist the Senior Programme Management Team in development of materials and tools necessary to
appropriately train individuals involved in the conduct of the study around issues related to (but not limited
to) protocol requirements, schedule of visits, execution of research plan.
17. Promote the ethical conduct of the project.
18. Establish an efficient data management system and maintain confidentiality of data.
19. Support in identifying, renting and maintaining a community centre in the fieldwork site (if applicable).
20. Attend trainings whenever needed related to the project.
21. Participate and assist in all Sangath activities especially those pertaining to the Child Development Group
Qualification & Experience:
22. Strong evidence of experience of work with Government and public health sector at national, state, district
and sub-district level.
23. Doctorate/PhD/Post Graduate in psychology, social work, public health or other health related fields.
24. Fluency in English and Hindi oral and written communication.
25. Demonstrated experience of documentation including reports, standard operating procedures and publication
in peer-reviewed journal.
26. Experience of minimum 10 years.
27. Fluency in English and Hindi oral and written communication, with demonstrated experience/ writing samples
in English and Hindi.
28. Proficient in using digital tools (Mobile phones, laptops and audio/video recorder etc.).
29. Proficient in MS-Office with excellent MS-Excel knowledge, internet, outlook and email.
30. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
31. Commitment of minimum 3 years.
32. Experience in mental health programme implementation and research.
33. Willingness to travel field sites within country.
34. Good interpersonal skills of Konkani language.
How to apply: Please send your CV and writing samples including but not restricted to publications in peer-reviewed
journals to email@example.com before 28 February, 2023.
To get regular updates please subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: management, programme management