Policy & Development Advisory Group (PDAG), is a social enterprise headquartered in New Delhi, working at the intersection of public policy advisory, research, and strategic communications. With the vision of driving a ‘data driven, people centric public policy framework in India’, PDAG works in close partnership and collaboration with policymakers, civil society organisations, academic researchers and multilateral institutions across our key practice areas – Migration, Sports for Social Impact, Gender, Governance and Climate Change.
PDAG is looking for a highly motivated professional who has a keen understanding of the public policy advisory and programmes ecosystem, particularly in migration and climate change. We are looking for a proactive and versatile professional who loves wearing multiple hats, with a keen interest in migration and climate change related policy developments. S/He will be responsible for ideating, and translating ideas into focused initiatives working closely with existing and new key stakeholders and partners to expand PDAG’s work portfolio. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic team with the opportunity to work/ collaborate at high level public policy advisory and research, and contribute to a growing portfolio of impactful work of PDAG in migration and climate change.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Review proposal pre-requisites in Request for Proposals (RFPs) and EOI (Expression of Interests) and compose strong, concise and compelling responses along with associated info-graphics
● Identify and map key partners and other strategic activity stakeholders in the policy ecosystem.
● Undertake dialogues, conversations and programmes with external collaborators
● Develop practice area focused knowledge products to draw new business partnerships.
● Identify, grow, and nurture relationships, including communications needs of our initiatives and practice areas
● Manage/Support the Partnerships, Outreach and Communications team to conduct key events and meetings with external partners .
● Work experience: At least three (3) – seven (7) years of experience working acrossPartnerships/Fundraising/Outreach and Programme management in fast paced , analytical environments with public policy/ strategy consulting/ social enterprises/ communication firms. Candidates with a prior background working on programmes/ initiatives and issues related to migration, social protection, data driven governance, climate change and public service delivery will be preferred.
a) Excellent spoken, writing and editing skills in English and conversational skills in Hindi.
b) Ability to draft compelling decks/presentations, memos and concept notes.
c) Strong sense of empathy and understanding of barriers/ challenges faced by underserved and marginalised communities
d) Self-starter, adaptable and able to work as part of a dynamic work environment.
● Education: Master’s / M.Phil degree in Communications/Public Policy/Journalism/Economics/Social Sciences or any related disciplines.
● Software Skills (Preferable) – MS Word , MS Excel, PowerPoint and optimal experience of navigating international and national bidding and procurement websites of multilateral agencies/ funding platforms.
Step 1: Apply for the job post to express interest in the role at email@example.com by 19th March 2023, with your updated CV, a 800 word Cover letter on what you can bring onboard to PDAG drawing upon your previous experiences and with reference to the JD. Early applications are encouraged.
Step 2: Now that we know you are interested, the next step involves a preliminary screening of your candidature by us.
Step 3: Candidates whose CVs are shortlisted are contacted and must take a test. (Only candidates who are shortlisted for Step 3 are contacted).
Step 4 and Step 5: Candidates who pass the test are invited for the two successive rounds of interviews with team members and founders.
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: consultancy, partnership