The American India Foundation is committed to improving the lives of India’s underprivileged, with a special focus on women, children, and youth. AIF does this through high impact interventions in education, health, and livelihoods, because poverty is multidimensional. AIF’s unique value proposition is its broad engagement between communities, civil society, and expertise, thereby building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. With offices in New York and California, twelve chapters across the U.S., and India operations headquartered in Delhi NCR, AIF has impacted 12.9 million lives across 35 states and Union Territories of India. Learn more at www.AIF.org.
Description of Organization:
Job Description: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager will mainly provide comprehensive M&E support to Public Health and Livelihood programs to ensure their successful delivery in addition to other programs’ requirements at AIF.
Essential Job Functions:
Monitoring and Evaluation:
1. Designs and implements/integrates MEL frameworks and tools organisation-wide and across AIF programmes.
2. Support the MEL team in conducting internal and external evaluations of AIF Programs, including creating study instruments, developing analytical frameworks, team training, and developing a schedule for data collection and report submission.
3. Support the programme teams with the capacity building on the tracking, reporting and implementation of Monitoring (MIS) processes in the project as defined quality standards. Knowledge and previous experience developing/rolling out technology solutions on online MIS platforms will be desirable.
4. Analysis of project-based MIS and evaluation results to inform programmatic improvements.
5. Support project proposal development for logic frameworks, indicators and evaluation plans
6. Build and manage research partnerships with consultants or research organisations to ensure timely submission of quality research deliverables.
Knowledge and Learning:
7. Promote learning as an integral component of programs and support the AIF teams in presenting evidence at internal and external platforms.
8. Create mechanisms of tracking current research and literature relevant to AIF programs,
i.e. Public Health (RMNCH+A), Education, Livelihoods and Leadership.
9. Support the program and communication team in systematically disseminating project results and evidence among internal and external audiences.
10. Contribute to organisation-wide knowledge management activities, e.g., participating in MEL events and discussions.
11. Support the MEL Director in developing technical working group papers, research briefs, and research papers submitted in peer-reviewed journals and conferences.
12. Design and coordinate/execute policy-relevant research on AIF programmatic approaches as part of AIF’s larger system-influencing mandate
Expected Competencies and Desired Qualifications
The candidate will work in close coordination with regional programme teams and the MEL team in Gurgaon.
1. Post-graduate (master’s degree or PhD) in social sciences, sociology/anthropology or other relevant disciplines with a robust experience using qualitative and quantitative social research techniques.
2. 8-10 years of experience in a similar role handling MEL component in multiple projects, showing progressive responsibility over the years. An understanding of the social/development sector and experience in programs on Public Health (focussing on Maternal and Child Health (MCH) issues or RMNCH+A issues) will be an asset.
3. Experience in developing research protocols, sampling, the development of MLE indicators and measures.
4. Strong writing skills with attention to detail and the ability to document fast, accurately and comprehensively.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in M.S. Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) and commonly used program management tools.
6. Strong experience using statistical software for quantitative (SPSS, STATA, etc.) and qualitative (ATLAS.Ti/NVivo) for program research. Experience in working on large scale datasets is desirable.
7. Strong communication skills (written and oral) to effectively correspond with a diverse audience. This would require proficiency in English and Hindi or any other Indian language
8. Willing to travel extensively to anywhere in India, especially rural India.
9. Able to handle work pressures and deliver under tight schedules and work well in teams and lead teams when required.
10. Attention to detail to effectively connect programmatic and organisational strategic priorities and MEL work.
11. Clarity of thought, patience, a flexible attitude and a willingness to learn and take ownership is also required.
Reporting: The position will directly report to the Director- Learning, Evaluation and Impact. Functional reporting on certain tasks might rest with programmatic heads or support teams.
Other: Salary commensurate with experience.
Position Availability: Immediately
To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it to email@example.com with the subject line “ MEL Manager”. Please also provide a writing sample, no more than 5 pages in length, for review related to research or the broader thematic areas outlined in this job description. Writing samples should be recent (in the last 2 years) and preferably available in the public domain.
Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here