About Fortify Health
Fortify Health has a vision for a healthier world where everyone has the micronutrients they need to survive and thrive. We aim to do so by enabling access to micronutrient-rich wheat flour to reduce and prevent iron deficiency anaemia. We currently have operations in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Hyderabad, India, and plan to expand in other states in India in the next three years. We provide career development opportunities and a wide range of resources to support our team.
Fortify Health operates through three work streams:
1) Open Market Support: We support millers to cost-neutrally fortify chakki atta in the open market.
2) Government Partnership Support: We work with governments in India to mainstream wheat flour fortification through social safety net programs.
3) Evidence Generation: We conduct monitoring and evaluation of activities to inform the public about the value of food fortification.
The Program Officer will be based out of Kolkata, West Bengal. They will onboard new mills and support the launch and extension of fortification in mill partners in West Bengal. They will assist the program team in ensuring that fortification work in the partner mills is conducted as per standards set by Fortify Health. This includes leading mill partnerships end-to-end from onboarding to launch and extension to 100% of a mill’s atta production. They will collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation and Regulatory Affairs teams at Fortify Health to ensure smooth implementation and monitoring of fortification in mill partners.
They will also have a base of knowledge about the milling industry and milling technology, to facilitate fortification successfully in mills. They have the exciting opportunity to bring their own unique experience into this role and will be an essential part of Fortify Health’s growth. The Program Officer will report to Fortify Health’s Program Manager for their geography.
Responsibilities and activities
● Identify new mills to reach out for partnership. Lead the work in generating partnerships with mills to support them to fortify atta in their base geography
● Onboard and launch fortification in partner mills according to Fortify Health’s scale up targets for their geography
● Support generation of strong networks within the milling industry and with equipment vendors
● Support in any R&D we do with equipment vendors to improve fortification in commercial chakki mills
● Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation team and the Regulatory Affairs team to ensure that their findings are used to improve operations
● Assist other members of the program team with technical milling knowledge in maintaining partnerships and rapport with partner mills
● Oversee smooth installation of fortification equipment in partner mills with guidance of the program team
● Coordinate visits to mills with Fortify Health’s technical consultants and program team
● Assist with implementation and maintenance of fortification in partner mills through regular visits
● Provide technical advice and support to miller partners on all stages of the implementation and fortification process with guidance from the program team
● Ensure work is well-documented
● Work alongside others in the organisation to ensure mill partnerships are transitioned smoothly across different team members when necessary
● Proactively learn from technical consultants to develop expertise in industrial milling
● Actively participate in team calls and meetings
● Minimum 3 years experience or background in the milling industry, with a good technical understanding of mill setup and machinery
● Bachelors or higher degree in related field
● Proven ability to manage professional relationships and to work under pressure
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, especially relating to partnership management of millers and vendors
● Excellent organisational skills and ability to work effectively on multiple projects
● Excellent documentation skills
● Strong creative problem-solving, teamwork and interpersonal skills
● Willingness to travel around 60% of the time (this may include within base location)
● Willingness to relocate to and work in Kolkata
● Authorisation to work in India (Indian national, eligibility for OCI, etc.)
● Fluency in Hindi
● Professional fluency in English
● Experience working with remote team members
● Relevant experience in NGO field environment
● Enthusiasm about our opportunity to improve people’s lives
● Fluency in Bengali
Terms of employment: Contract for one year, renewal by mutual agreement
Salary and benefits: INR 66,780 per month
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: health, management