About the Organization:
Saajha, a non-profit organization, is missioned to enable parents of children studying in government schools to be partners in their child’s education. We are building an ecosystem for parents to feel connected and supported in their efforts to impact the lives of children and drive transformative change. Saajha, since its inception in 2014, has worked across 2000+ schools in Delhi, Maharashtra, Jharkhand and Karnataka. Listening to parents has been at the core of our work. Saajha’s work has been recognized by Echoing Green Fellowship, Forbes India award, NASSCOM award for technology and Action for India Tech Challenge.
After the outbreak of COVID, parents now have to play an even more challenging role to support a child’s learning. In such a scenario, it’s even more important to support parents and build their capacities to support their child’s learning. As we’ve seen in the past 5 years in Delhi, parents, when supported well, can play a pivotal role in the child’s overall development and learning at home. We are building a single point platform for parents to access support and network they need to impact the lives of their children. Currently the platform consists of a robust backend with whatsapp chatbot and a helpline as channels for interaction with parents. We have worked directly with 30,000 parents across Delhi and envision creating a network of 200,000 parents in the next two years.
About the role:
We are now focusing on improving our program efficiency and hiring a Program Director to lead an innovative project.
Over the course of past few months, we have been focusing on understanding how parents prefer engaging with our platform. Since April 2022, we have delivered 8,000+ hours of call-based support and about 3.5M messages have been exchanged with our WhatsApp bot.
The current role provides an opportunity to innovate and build a data-driven model for ensuring that our support to parents is more efficient and effective. We would also have faculty members from IIM Ahmedabad and data scientists advising for the project implementation.
As a Project Director , you will drive articulation and implementation of the strategy of one of our key projects which aims to build sustainable solutions for the organization .
He/She would need to design the experiments , structure the execution plan, monitor the onground implementation and make modifications to the experiments / plan based on the onground impact.
● Develop a project strategy that is in alignment with the commitments made in the submitted proposals
● Execute and continuously monitor the Project to deliver on the overall objectives in a timely, cost-effective manner
● Develop and maintain strong processes to ensure integrity with the project deliverables
● Ensure that lessons, learning and research around program quality is carried out and used for program quality improvement.
● Document the findings of pilots and experiments in written quarterly reports to the Steering Committee
● Develop deep and meaningful relationships with stakeholders – Research Partners ,Steering Committee , Leadership team of Saajha
● Build and lead a diverse project team that will work in an agile and collaborative environment .
● Develop and manage the annual budgets and funds for the Project execution
● Passionate about education and committed to driving social change
● +6 years of work experience with focus on navigating complexity , multi-stakeholder engagements and collaborative problem solving
● Excellent communication skills with proficiency in both English and Hindi
● Proven track record of project management , completing complex projects within budget and committed timelines
● Preferred Graduate / post graduate in any field
● Experience of working in the development sector will be an added advantage
● Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change. Structured and analytical approach to solving problems.
● Ability to think innovatively and proficient in using technology
● Strong work ethics , people orientation and integrity are essential requirements for the role
● Frequent field visits and inter city travel will be required
You should apply if you :
● Are looking for an opportunity to grow and learn : Saajha is a fast-paced mission-driven and growth-oriented organization, and provides room to try, fail, and learn
● Need flexibility to work better : Ownership is at the core of our organization. We offer a very high degree of flexibility and emphasize on ownership and integrity in work
● Thrive in Diversity : At Saajha, you would get an opportunity to work with a diverse team – mothers, fresh college graduates, experienced professionals from sector, MBAs, etc.
● Enjoy Working in a team : Saajha means collaboration. At Saajha, you would have an opportunity to work with not just your team, but members across the organization
● Dream of creating a solution to impact millions : We are building a solution to potentially impact 1M children in 5 years and more later.
● The salary will be upto INR 18 lakhs per annum (Negotiable for the right talent)
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: programme management