SEEDS (Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society) is a not‐for‐profit organisation that enables every individual with practical solutions towards disaster lifecycle management and sustainable environment. It builds self‐reliant, resilient, and sustainable communities across boundaries using innovation and engaging at grassroots. Since 1994, the organization has worked extensively on every major disaster in the Indian subcontinent ‐ grafting innovative technology on to traditional wisdom. It has reached out to families affected by disasters and climate stresses; strengthened and rebuilt schools and homes; and has invariably put its faith in skill‐building, planning and communications to foster long‐term resilience.
SEEDS is also India’s first agency to be certified for the global core humanitarian standards – an international certification system for quality and accountability in humanitarian response and is recognized for its 30 years of service in disaster and environment by United Nations Sasakawa Award in 2022 and Government of India Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Award in 2021. SEEDS completed nearly three‐decade‐long service to humanity rebuilding more than 62,000 homes, 650 schools and healthcare facilities, school safety programmes for more than a quarter million children, disaster management plans for 500+ communities, emergency assistance to more than 830,000 people. It has positively impacted the lives of more than six million people by re‐anchoring its approach to building resilience through innovation. It continues to empower the most vulnerable across Asia to build a better future.
For more information, visit www.seedsindia.org
The Associate Director of Fund Raising & Donor Relationship will promote awareness of SEEDS India’s mission and work to cultivate a network of dedicated donors and volunteers and spot and nurture fund raising opportunities through mobilisation of fund‐raising initiatives, advocating about SEEDS India in strategic Disaster and Environment platforms, and donor networking and relationship management. The position requires ensuring healthy relationships with all national level external stakeholders (governments, non‐profits, foundations and trusts and corporate sector) in the SEEDS ecosystem.
The position is based out of SEEDS Bangalore Office. He/ She will directly report to the CEO of SEEDS India
Fundraising and Donor relationship
• Spot, nurture and convert strategic fund‐raising leads and strategic donor accounts and relationships
• Fundraising management through generating and maintaining pipeline of at least 3X of annual fund‐raising target, close review of leads generated, tracking of opportunities, and required follow‐up actions on monthly basis.
• Development and timely submission of concept notes and proposals aligning to the organisation’s thematic areas of operations to the funding agencies, in co‐ordination with other verticals
• Lead the budget and scope negotiation with donors/clients
• Research and foster new partnerships for identifying potential areas of fundraising aligned to the organisation’s annual plans
• Maintaining donor relations ‐ Engaging and coordinating with donors for updates, visits, events, visibility plans etc.
• Building and executing robust plan and donor mix to meet the annual fund‐raising goal from various donor segments, including, but not limited to, Government, Domestic and International Foundations, Corporate and CSR, Multi‐lateral funding agencies
• Supporting the SEEDS India Retail Donor, CSR, and Volunteer team for program mobilization to enhance its engagement with communities and provide grassroot experience to volunteers
• Advocacy is at the core of SEEDS. Build and deliver annual Advocacy plan based on SEEDS priorities, relationship, and impact of engagement
• Initiating and coordinating for due diligence of the organisation by donors/ clients/ credible fundraising platforms as and when required
• Collaborate with and support cross‐functional teams such as Project / Programs for timely and efficient implementation of projects, Donor marketing for enabling reports for donors/ clients in requisite formats and promotion vehicle
• Drafting donor business development and sales collaterals such as SEEDS India Donor leaflet, SEEDS India Introduction, SEEDS India Table Book, and customized donor proposals, and pitch documents
• Supporting Donor / Customer marketing team with required content to capture donor testimonials, documentaries, videos, and other documentation.
• Addressing of queries / troubleshooting as part of donor/client relations
• Enabling and deploying digitalisation of the fund‐raising lead management, volunteer engagement, individual / retail donor, corporate CSR engagement and donor feedback / NPS
• Participating in periodic review and planning meetings with other departments for coordination
• Providing support for emergency response
• Any other duties related to this position that emerge from organisational management planning as and when required
Human Resource Management
• Ensure expected delivery of outputs from reporting personnel and guide them to ensure high quality outputs.
• Model and coach, your leaders, and peers
• Conduct annual performance development and regular talent development for your team
• Facilitate training and capacity building of regional/project team.
• Facilitates feedbacks from various stakeholders and share with Founders Office
• Motivate regional staff, ensure friendly environment ensuring they are delivering expected results.
Compliance and accountability
• Remain consistently accountable to the overall delivery, monitoring as well as adhere to donor compliances.
Candidate must have
• Master’s Degree in Marketing / Business Administration / Journalism / Communications / Public Relations/ Development Studies / Economics / Social Sciences/ International Relations / Public Administration
• Minimum of 10 years of proven, hands‐on distinguished career in fund raising across various donor categories, including but not limited to, government, domestic and international foundations, multi‐lateral funding agencies, corporate, trusts, of which at least five years at a senior manager level
• Ability to develop and adapt innovative approaches and replicable strategies for fundraising, through the analysis of trends and experience and the consideration of lessons learned.
• Ability to develop detailed knowledge and understanding of priorities and the areas of interest of donors, partners, and other stakeholders.
• Interpersonal skills: Ability to build networks and strategic alliances and maintain relationships with donors and internal stakeholder with tact and sensitivity.
• Communication skills: Ability to make presentations that catch and maintain audience interest, along with excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Planning and organising skills: Ability to coordinate inputs and activities across diverse teams spread across locations and facilitate timely reporting of results and successes to donors.
• Basic online and digital marketing skills
• Ability to make considered and effective decisions and take clear action to address issues.
• Attention to detail to spot challenges and opportunities.
• Ability to collaborate with teams in a multi‐cultural, multi‐disciplinary environment.
• Strong analytical and persuasion/negotiation skills, with the ability to influence, negotiate, motivate, advocate, and resolve conflict.
• Ability to succeed in often interrupt‐driven, ambiguous, and highly flexible environments.
• Ability to work and deliver independently as well as be part of a team.
How to Apply
Candidates with a passion to work in the humanitarian sector and with the above qualifications and experience may apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Associate Director of Fund Raising & Donor Relationship” in SEEDS latest by 31st January 2023. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organisation. Please mention your current and expected salary, and joining time required.
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here