SEEDS (Sustainable Environment and Ecological Development Society) is a not‐for‐profit organisation that enables every individual with practical solutions towards disaster lifecycle management and sustainable environment. It builds self‐reliant, resilient, and sustainable communities across boundaries using innovation and engaging at grassroots. Since 1994, the organization has worked extensively on every major disaster in the Indian subcontinent ‐ grafting innovative technology on to traditional wisdom. It has reached out to families affected by disasters and climate stresses; strengthened and rebuilt schools and homes; and has invariably put its faith in skill‐building, planning and communications to foster long‐term resilience.
SEEDS is also India’s first agency to be certified for the global core humanitarian standards – an international certification system for quality and accountability in humanitarian response and is recognized for its 30 years of service in disaster and environment by United Nations Sasakawa Award in 2022 and Government of India Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Award in 2021.
SEEDS completed nearly three‐decade‐long service to humanity rebuilding more than 62,000 homes, 650 schools and healthcare facilities, school safety programmes for more than a quarter million children, disaster management plans for 500+ communities, emergency assistance to more than 830,000 people. It has positively impacted the lives of more than six million people by re‐anchoring its approach to building resilience through innovation. It continues to empower the most vulnerable across Asia to build a better future.
For more information, visit www.seedsindia.org
Are you passionate about building great products & solving customer and business problems? We seek a Product Manager based at Delhi (Bangalore and Mumbai optional). The individual will work on building and rolling out products with an urban focus, especially the ones which leverage technology and data. She/he/they will be responsible for leading a team for ideating, designing, and developing these products, from research to minimum viable product roadmaps and delivery charting out clear roadmap for the launch and roll out of the product. Their time will be divided between technology development, programme management and supporting business development for increasing the organisation’s urban footprint. The role reports to the Product Vertical Leader.
• Creating ideas based on unmet needs in the market and for users in the eco‐system which can be solved using smart solutions.
• Deep dive into the enormous data generated to understand the consumer behaviour and refine the ideas to give more values through their creations.
• Craft a product vision (short to long term) and convert that into a concrete strategy.
• Build consensus amongst all stakeholders like engineering, marketing, sales, operations and data science.
• Lead the business planning for new and expansion of existing products. Scout for pathw ays for scaling up products.
• Drive product strategies and long‐term vision to build best in class innovation products for urban and be a visionary who can think out of the box and introduce new trends in the market.
• Take end‐to‐end ownership of the product vision, feature specs, analysing key performance metrics and driving business results.
• Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify, and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
• Travel to grassroot locations to learn the modern methodologies and understand grassroot needs towards resilient disaster and environment management.
• Assist in developing product strategy, product roadmap by analysing and prioritizing projects/features, determining the product design and development effort and negotiating launch timelines with development teams.
• Consult with urban programs, planners, and services team to coordinate with various project managers.
• Be the custodian of technology developed under the projects and coordinate with various partners for its successful use. Scout pathways for scaling up of the programme and facilitate proposals for the same.
• Coordinate with research, communication, mapping, field, and business development teams for strategic go to market of the product.
• Develop strategic acquisition and retention marketing plans to drive growth and maximize immediate and long‐term ROI. Lead outreach campaigns end‐to‐end from conception to defining objectives, execution, tracking, and reporting. Support for designing and executing all marketing, policy and ground activities for maximizing impact.
• Prepare and monitor workplans and budgets, coordinate with finance, marketing & communications, business operations, legal, human resource team and procurement teams for the successful development and deployment of the product / project.
• Champion metrics‐driven analysis and decision‐making throughout the organization. Participate in periodic review and planning meetings with other departments.
• Keep abreast of latest developments within the industry, market intelligence & competition tracking.
• Partnership & alliances to build product relevance & distribution.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as computer science, engineering, business, or design
• At least 5+ years of experience in technology and data‐driven product development, with a focus on urban issues
• Experience leading teams of product designers and developers, managing project timelines and budgets, and ensuring high‐quality product delivery.
• Strong analytical and problem‐solving skills, with a deep understanding of consumer behavior and user needs
• Experience with smart solutions, and familiarity with tools and platforms for disaster and climate focused urban products
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build consensus among stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds.
• Strong project management experience and experience in supporting business development efforts.
• Openness to learn, unlearn and relearn.
• Certificate course in project management is an advantage.
• Ability to collaborate with teams in a multi‐cultural, multi‐disciplinary environment.
• Ability to work in partnerships.
• Strong analytical and persuasion/negotiation skills, with the ability to influence, negotiate, motivate, advocate, and resolve conflict.
• Ability to succeed in often interrupt‐driven, ambiguous, and highly flexible environments.
• Ability to work and deliver independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to understand the implications and assess the appropriate degree of acceptable risk and take actions to minimize risk.
Willing to travel up to 30% of the time, sometimes in emergency situations.
2 years; possibility to extend.
TBD: Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
75,000‐ 1,00,000 INR per month
How to Apply
Please send the following to email@example.com with the subject “Application: Product Manager”:
2. Cover letter highlighting your interest, experience, and availability.
3. Mention current and expected CTC.
At our organization, we believe that diversity and inclusiveness are key to creating a dynamic and innovative workplace. While we welcome applications from those with the required academic qualifications, we also encourage individuals with significant interest in this area of work to apply. We value experience and knowledge gained through non‐traditional academic paths and believe that everyone should have equal opportunities to succeed.
We also encourage applicants from all genders, ethnicities, and backgrounds to apply, as we believe that diversity in our team brings a wealth of perspectives and ideas that contribute to the success of our projects. Additionally, we celebrate linguistic diversity and welcome applicants who speak multiple languages.
Join our team and be a part of an inclusive and dynamic work environment that is committed to making a positive impact in the world.
For more information about the organisation, visit us at www.seedsindia.org
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: project management