SEWA Bharat (www.SEWAbharat.org) is the All-India Federation of Self-Employed Women’s Associations that works with women workers in the informal sector in 18 states. In all these states, SEWA is involved in organizing women workers and their development through Self Help Groups, Co-operatives and Federations. With over 2 million active members across 18 states, SEWA Bharat’s reach in the development sector is ever expanding.
SEWA Bharat supports development programs and activities that organize women so they can aim to achieve full employment and self-reliance for all its members. SEWA Bharat is a family of SEWA organizations to further informal women workers’ rights, livelihoods, financial independence, education, health and social security.
Overview of WESS
SEWA members have promoted over 140 collectively-owned social enterprises over 48 years of its existence.
SEWA Bharat has now setup an in-house ‘Women Enterprise Support System’ (WESS) to support women-run enterprises in all stages and sectors in their journey of becoming sustainable businesses. We are now looking to add another member in the team who can coordinate and support accounting and finance for enterprises.
Compliance & accounting monitoring for focus enterprises
● Coordinating internal audit and statutory audit process for all cohort enterprises
● Analyzing audit reports and presenting in finance review meetings under the guidance of Finance Lead
● Supporting the team in all governance related compliances for cohort enterprises
● Supporting the team in all statutory compliances like GST, other taxes for enterprises
Managing database of all social enterprises
● Collect financial statements of all social enterprises in SEWA periodically and analysis
● Maintaining grant budgets for social enterprises and it’s utilization
● Support enterprise team in managing accounting and operational work.
Note: The work responsibilities will begin in a phase wise manner upon mutual agreement. Enterprises will be added in a phase wise manner.
Tasks & Deliverables
Financial management and Compliances
● To set up and document the financial system pertaining to Stock, Sales, services etc.
● To ensure an efficient and clean financial management structure
● To ensure timely reporting to tax authorities and various stakeholders (Funders)
● To manage and supervise the utilization of funds as specified in the budget head and committed to the Funder
● To review the preparation of annual operating budgets and regular financial monitoring and reporting
● To prepare financial statements as per Indian GAAP and facilitate regular auditing of operational finances.
● To keep the organization informed on pertinent financial issues and regulatory matters, and provide financial input for program review and evaluation.
● To ensure timely updating of Books of accounts and Stock registers, tally entries of enterprises
● To ensure timely conduct of Board meetings, purchase committee meetings, and recording and maintenance of Minutes and other corporate records.
● To coordinate and visit board members for compliance-related briefing and authorization, visiting and maintaining a relationship with bank officials to fulfill financial requirements.
● To conduct a comparative analysis of financial institutions, suggest credit partners, and execute a credit/loan application process.
● To maintain a staff profile, incentive/bonus calculation, and payroll management.
● Monthly report, monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
● To maintain all documentation in Hindi as well.
● A fortnightly work report to be submitted to Seniors of the organization clearly stating the progress report of the above.
● To collect, organize, and fill Input data into an aggregation sheet to prepare center/local specific reports.
● To design and implement a process for periodic and timely updating of enterprise data
● To train, ensure and supervise all supervise the enterprise team.
● To set up a system to improve efficiency and eradicate Pilferage
● Base Location: New Delhi
● Reports to: WESS-Finance Lead
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send their resume at email@example.com
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here