About the organization:
Swaniti is a decade-old organization working in the space of policy-making and public service delivery. Our projects have been focused on supporting the government administration in strategizing scheme implementation, providing research support to Hon’ble Members of Parliament, and developing data-technology tools. With flagship initiatives like Supporting Parliamentarians in Analysis and Research in Constituencies (SPARC) and Leadership and Engagement Associate in District (LEAD), Swaniti has supported Constituency Development and District Development Planning in various parts of the country. At present, along with working with 100+ Hon’ble Members of Parliamentarians for policy-making, we are working with several state and district governments providing technical assistance to ensure the delivery of schemes to the last mile. Major verticals of our work are Climate and Sustainability, Social Protection, Policy Engagements, Technology, and Rural Livelihood & Governance.
About the Position
We are looking for a passionate and experienced professional who is keen on taking up a leadership role in the development sector. The Team Lead shall represent Swaniti and will lead a team working in close coordination with District Administration for goals like unemployment reduction, livelihood generation, improving educational outcomes, ensuring healthcare delivery, and poverty reduction. The Program manager would have quantifiable targets on how to most effectively deploy and manage programs and resources under the district minerals fund. The key role of leading the Project team would be to strategically identify projects and ensure the appropriate monitoring and impact assessment is done. The Team Lead will also have to demonstrate the ability to manage the team effectively. With the support of the team, the Team Lead would be expected to formulate and implement an end-to-end strategy, while maintaining consistent liaising with the district administration.
– Post-graduate degree in any field with a preference for those possessing a degree in rural development, management, or public administration. Candidates having masters from Tier 1 institutions
– Minimum 4 years of relevant work experience in the development sector. Preference is given to candidates possessing experience working directly with grant-making foundations and/or district administration.
– At least 1 year of experience working in a leadership position where a team size was bigger than 4 members.
– Stakeholder Relationship Management and Team Building
– The team Lead will represent Swaniti Initiative at the District Level and function in coordination with the State Projects Lead of Swaniti Initiative. The day to day responsibilities will be carried out in coordination with the district administration and the authorities.
– Identify key high-impact projects that will result in significant (quantifiable) improvements in the life of those affected by the mining sector activities.
– Put in place the appropriate monitoring system to assess how ongoing projects are improving quality of life.
– Build and maintain effective relationships with strategic authorities at the district and state levels to provide them with appropriate reporting of ongoing programs.
– Respond to any needs of the administration, including providing them with innovative ideas about incoming programs.
– Establish consistent communication networks with all external and internal stakeholders for immediate course correction measures
– Document the findings and the best practices and present them at various platforms
– Building a motivated and skilled team at the district level and managing the same through constructive interventions
Institutionalizing Systemic Changes
– The Team Lead will be expected to function as a resource person to the district and come up with recommendations that may support the government in initiating and institutionalizing required structural changes.
Project Planning, Implementation, monitoring, and Evaluation
– Conceptualize a wide range of impactful projects and implement the same for the achievement of the goals at the district level.
– Collaborate with different verticals of Swaniti Initiative in formulating, strategizing, implementing, and evaluating action research projects
– Develop an impact evaluation matrix for the projects to ensure appropriate monitoring of the program.
– Work with the Swaniti team to identify innovative programs and projects.
Reporting and Communication
– The Team Lead will function in close coordination with the Swaniti Initiative, and District Collector
Skills Required and Personality Traits Preferred
– Soft Skills
– Leadership Skill
– Team Management
– Strategic Planning
– Government Liaison
– Documentation and
– Communication – Proficiency in Verbal and Written English
– Computer Skills
Proficiency in MS Office suite.
– Google Drive and Survey Forms
– Emailing and Video Conferencing
– Quick Learner
At Swaniti, people remain the highest priority. The organization always prioritizes the well-being of team members while providing new challenges to build professional caliber and most importantly create impact. All team members are provided with:
– A clear path to develop a career and rise to the highest level in the organization
– A well-defined mechanism to map performance, work on individual growth and be a leader
– 50% sponsorship of Health Insurance for each team member
– Opportunity to work with Senior Government Officials
– Understand governance from both the policy-making and policy-execution perspective
– Opportunity to understand Government Consulting
– Opportunity to operate at the intersection of policy, governance, and technology
– Competitive remuneration
– Freedom to experiment with ideas and thoughts
– Opportunity Impact the community in a holistic and sustainable manner
– Supportive team members and experienced organizational leaders