The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (www.tiss.edu), established in the year 1936 is a Deemed to be University, fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Govt of India. TISS is a Grade I University with NAAC score of 3.89/4 and NIRF 2020 rank of 34 among Indian Universities and 57 overall.With campuses at Mumbai (Main) and off-campuses at Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad,TISS offers over 50 Post Graduate programmes, 18 Doctoral programmes, and 3 Under Graduate programmes in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary and applied social science disciplines, and over 30 B.Voc. programmes.
Freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and culture of the Institute and facilitate strong linkages between teaching, research, field action and policy engagement. The Institute encourages and supports researchers to engage in foundational, applied, field and action oriented research, and nurtures research collaborations nationally and internationally, with a commitment to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action initiatives.
The Centre for Social and Organizational Leadership (C-SOL) was established to develop leadership in businesses, government, not-for-profit organisations and in communities. Since the current environment is characterised by a high velocity of change, depleting natural resources, and the need for equity and social justice – there is a need for a different kind of leadership. Leadership that will focus on innovation, organisational effectiveness, social transformation and sustainability by engaging all stakeholders.
Our teaching programmes currently include the following:
• Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Organisation Development and Change.
• Master of Arts in Organisation Development, Change and Leadership.
Assistant Professor (Two Posts)
C-SOL invites applications for two posts of Assistant Professor to be filled on contract basis,initially for a period of two years and extendable based on the performance of the candidate and requirement of the institute.
The candidates will be required to teach in full-time and part time programs of the School of Management and Labour Studies, especially those associated with C-SOL, coordinate fieldwork activities of students, provide mentorship to students who need assistance, help in supervision of fieldwork, guide Masters’ research dissertation and carry out other activities necessary for smooth functioning of the Centre. Persons are required specifically to be able teach subjects such as Research Methodology, Statistics, Strategic Management, Organization Development,Operations Management, Marketing Management, Financial Management, Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Organisation Development, Change Management, and Leadership
Remuneration:- As per 7th CPC in the Academic Level – 10.
Educational Qualification: Eligibility (A or B):
i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Management / Psychology / Applied Psychology from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of ‘Assistant Professor’ subject to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfilment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a referred journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work inbconferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
i. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
ii. the Times Higher Education (THE) or
iii. the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
• Post Graduate Degree (or Equivalent) from a premium management institute.
• Ph.D in Management.
• Candidates with prior teaching and/or field practice experience of two years will be preferred.
• Research and published work in peer-reviewed journals.
• The Institute reserves the right to relax qualifications of the candidate based on the work experience and to relax age in the case of persons already holding comparable positions in a University/Research Institution of repute.
• The Institute reserves the right to invite persons for interview who may not have applied for as per the above procedure and not fill up the vacancy advertised.
• Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
• The post is unreserved, but candidates belonging to reserved category can apply.
• No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview/selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post.
• The candidate under employment must produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer to appear for interview.
• No TA/DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
• In case of any inadvertent error in the advertisement and in the process of recruitment,which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
Application Fee: The application fee of Rs. 1000/- be paid on-line. The application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates will be Rs. 250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The women applicants are waived from payment of application fees. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee, if applicable. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply Now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute’s website at www.tiss.edu.
The candidates are requested to take a print of the acknowledgement of the online application and keep it for future reference.
The last date for submission of online applications will be 19th February, 2022.
The shortlisted candidates will be sent a call letter and link for the online interview.
Verification of documents: The shortlisted candidates are required to send scanned copies of their coloured passport size photograph, self-attested photocopies of relevant certificates in support of the essential qualification & experience. Original certificates will be verified only for the selected candidate at the time of appointment.
Note: The selected candidate has to join the post with in 15 days on intimation of selection.
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: assistant professor, job in mumbai, job in social sector