TribesforGOOD is looking for a Community Manager who will be responsible for carrying out the day to day multi-stakeholder-related engagements. This role is best suited for individuals who are keen to work in the social enterprise startup space and education sector and have a strong passion for creating on-ground impact.
● Probation period: 3 months
● Location: Nariman Point, Mumbai – Hybrid (3 days office and 3 days work from home)
● Tenure: 1st February, 2023- 30th Jan 2024 (Open to extension for additional year)
● Prerequisites: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, Strong interest in Social Impact Space. Open to travelling in Mumbai for field visits.
● Prior work experience requirement: Up to 3 years. If you have a higher work experience and are keen to apply for the role, feel free to do so. ● Languages: English, Hindi
The Role – Community Manager (Your core responsibilities)
The projects that we carry out at TribesforGOOD require us to engage with different stakeholder groups. These engagements are critical towards ensuring the successful execution of any project or campaign.
This gives the Community Manager an opportunity to interact with diverse stakeholders such as educational institutes, non-profits, students and parents across different locations and demographics. The nature and depth of engagement with each stakeholder differs depending upon the scope and scale of the program, under question.
The role will give you the opportunity to work closely with the Founder & CEO of TribesforGOOD. You will get to learn from a learning and growth driven environment that also fosters individual development. Some of the different areas that you will enjoy being involved with include:
1. Interacting with Gen Z and millennials: At TFG we believe that the youth holds the potential to create a better tomorrow. You will get to interact closely with our monthly student cohorts and alumni cohorts. You will manage monthly campaigns for the organisation (Hybrid – Online & Offline) involving high school students, college students and professionals.
2. Strengthening partnerships: Our partner organizations play a pivotal role in a successful strategising and execution of our campaigns. You will work with our existing partners and identify new opportunities/ campaigns.
3. Communications: Oversee and develop community awareness campaigns of TFG activities and opportunities, through various channels such as social media, email newsletters and videos.
4. Maintain consistent communication with various stakeholders to ensure that campaigns are executed as per the strategic goals. This requires verbal, written as well as spoken communication, primarily in English and Hindi.
5. Field work: You will also get a chance to run sessions with grassroots communities and see the results of the campaigns.
What are we looking for? (Our Requirements)
We see this role as being a catalyst towards ensuring the successful execution of projects and strengthening the stakeholder network that TribesforGOOD is working towards building. Given the nature of engagements for the role, there are a few attributes which we believe as essential for the Community Manager to have:
● Youth driven: You enjoy working with and learning from the perspectives of school and college going students and are able to develop a friendly yet growth based equation with them.
● Being a Multitasker: You enjoy the challenge of multitasking and can juggle 10 things at one go.
● Having attention to detail: You have a knack of identifying potential problems as well as bright spots, as you pay attention to the nuances of any activity.
● Having strong planning skills: You love a schedule and are able to plan your work around it and even push the organisation in implementing strong processes.
● You have a natural comfort with ambiguity and decision-making in the absence of perfect information.
● Growth based mindset: You are extremely comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth, learning based startup environment.
● Having strong communication skills: You are able to effectively communicate within and external to the organisation and can utilise your communication skills towards resolution of conflict and arriving at mutually beneficial agreements.
Candidates with a strong academic background will be preferred.
TribesforGOOD is a new-age platform that helps Gen Z and Millennials discover; learn and contribute to issues that they care about while bridging the talent gap for social enterprises. By combining training from grassroots innovators, we help individuals make a positive social impact. Founded in 2018 and headquartered in Mumbai, TribesforGOOD is simplifying the journey of a potential changemaker. We focus on 4 key impact regions: Gender Equality; Financial Inclusion; Education and Climate Action.
TribesforGOOD is part of IIM Bangalore Women Startups and Rebalance Accelerator. Our work has been featured in The Hindu, The Mint, Yourstory and more.
● You are looking for a mission driven organisation where profit and purpose intersect.
● You will get a chance to learn about the dynamic Social Impact space.
● You will build networks and work on diverse themes.
● You will have the creative space to design and implement projects.
Annual package of INR 3.5 – 4.8 lakhs + INR 50,000 variable commensurate with skill and experience.
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here