About Wadhwani Foundation (www.wfglobal.org):
Mission: Accelerating economic development in emerging economies through high-value job creation
Objectives: Enabling the creation of 10M jobs and placement of 25M by 2030 across 20-25 emerging economies
Wadhwani Foundation is a not-for-profit with the primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies by driving large-scale job creation through entrepreneurship, innovation and skills development. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today the Foundation is scaling impact in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America through various Initiatives. More details on the various programs at the end of the document.
WEN Think Startup is a live online workshop series that helps students and early professionals understand entrepreneurial leadership, the startup journey and the fundamental concepts, frameworks, and tools that when applied to the creation of a new venture, can help make it successful. It also helps participants discover their entrepreneurial tendencies, their operating style, strengths, and weaknesses and to craft a pathway for themselves in advancing their entrepreneurial journey.
The series is run in a set of 9-10 Introductory and Intermediate level sessions designed to advance a young person on campus exploring entrepreneurship or their own ideas. The program is to be delivered via the higher education channel initially targeting students that engage with student entrepreneurship clubs, with the innovation councils and or via core orientation or other programs in entrepreneurship on campus.
The program design, and delivery is expected to interest, engage, and advance core knowledge of entrepreneurship for very large numbers of students. Many of them should want to engage more deeply in entrepreneurship because of the program.
This role requires Ability to lead content design and development for learners from different age-groups and backgrounds by bringing together the relevant stakeholder groups and SMEs.
Capabilities and experience handling design and development of a course from end to end including but not limited to the below activities:
Scope and design of the course including goals, stakeholder review, design specs, features and pedagogical approach of the course
· Defining course objectives for the learner aligned to the goals of the stakeholders; outline of the course including appropriate tools, techniques, interactions, and activities to engage and meet the laid-out objectives.
· Developing content including lessons/sessions and topic with a storyboard for each topic
· Review – internal and external experts to validate the storyboard.
· Production and curation of the course flow including the different types of content pieces like discussions, activities, videos, animations, podcasts, or other types of content to convert it into a ‘unit of learning’ that can be delivered to the user in the defined delivery mode of the chosen channel/s.
· Working with a production team to help get the content into a usable format for delivery.
· Measuring effectiveness of the content created and enabling continuous improvement.
· Being able to do this for higher education students and facilitators via a live-online entrepreneurship sessions, to begin with – could expand to other types of beneficiaries as the product and program series matures and starts to scale.
· Ability to design appropriate orientation and training programs along with faculty guides for preparing large numbers of facilitators to expand the program delivery during the current year and for the upcoming years is another requirement for this role.
Skills & Experience:
· 12-15 years with at least 2 years in entrepreneurship; Mid-level Management role
· Ability to conceive fresh and appealing ideas for new content that establishes or supports training offerings.
· Excellent verbal communication skills with a good command of the English language
· Strong skills in creating original content that targets a specific audience and meets company objectives.
· Basic technical knowledge of MS Office and multimedia tools
· Experience of Instructional Design or managing IDs
Various Programs at Wadhwani Foundation:
1. Wadhwani Advantage: Accelerating the growth of tens of thousands of SMEs by providing personalized,on-demand knowledge and consulting resources through an AI-enabled mobile platform to create millions of new jobs.
2. Wadhwani Entrepreneur: Inspiring, educating, and enabling Start-up entrepreneurs
Wadhwani Venture Fastrack: Maximizes success rates of early-stage start-ups with enhanced business traction and funding opportunities
Wadhwani NEN: Empowers students with knowledge and skills through Courses and Start-up Labs to create high-potential start-ups
Wadhwani Inspire: Establishes a nationwide culture of entrepreneurship
3. Wadhwani Opportunity: Empowering millions of students with 21st century employability skills that drive family supporting wages.
4. Wadhwani AI (a partner program): A first-of-its-kind AI research institute in the world – a non-profit dedicated exclusively to applying AI for social good.
5. Wadhwani Catalyst: Invest in high quality entrepreneurs with scalable business models across emerging markets, with a focus in India. The fund will catalyse businesses across sectors, with the overall objective of accelerating economic development by creating livelihoods/ jobs.
6. Wadhwani Institute of Technology and Policy (WITP): Support government and civil society at large with the dual mission of – (1) Providing information, insights, and recommendations for the application of technology for policy making, policy implementation, and policy outcomes measurement. (2) Creating a Technology-focused Training Academy for upskilling policy makers, bureaucrats and technocrats with relevant technologies and the application of the same to their respective ministries and missions.
The foundation is an equal opportunity firm with no bias towards gender, race, colour, ethnicity, country,language, age and any other dimension that comes in the way of progress.
Join us and be a part of us!
To get regular updates subscribe to our telegram channel click here
Tagged as: management, start-up