Job role insights
February 8, 2024
February 8, 2024
0 - 2 Years
Join our team
The Museum for the United Nations – UN Live is looking for a passionate and resourceful intern to
support our interdisciplinary team working to drive action through culture:
- Junior Associate for Social Media
The successful candidates will be part of a team of purpose-driven professionals, with a diversity of
educational backgrounds and nationalities, located in a growing number of locations around the world.
The internship programme has been established with a view to enhancing students and recent
graduates’ practical knowledge in the areas of public social engagement, cultural programming, and
global collaboration towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
We are currently hiring for the first half of 2024, starting 1st of April and ending on 30st of September 2024 (we can accommodate a flexible start date for the right candidate).
The deadline for application is Wednesday, the 21st of February 2024.
Background on the organisation
Museum for the United Nations – UN Live is a ‘borderless’ museum that sparks global empathy,
action, and change through the power of popular culture and dialogue. UN Live takes the concept of
the museum to a different level. With no physical building, we are a museum that reaches people
everywhere, by meeting them where they are with cultural experiences.
The world faces urgent, interconnected challenges such as conflict, climate change, poverty, and
inequality. People are calling for change. Only by working together, building on empathy, care, and
connection can 'the many' influence decision-makers and demand action at speed.
Through the appeal and extensive reach of popular culture – film, music, gaming, sports, and beyond – UN Live curates engaging cultural experiences and generates positive global action. We stir empathy, spark a sense of a 'Global We', and ignite a feeling of agency in individuals to act for the collective good.
We work in close collaboration with the United Nations – but we are an independent organisation, not part of the UN system.
Please read much more about our work and mission here.
Role and responsibility, and profile
Social Media Associate
A Social Media Intern with a focus on social media coordination and visual communication brings a
valuable skillset to the team, contributing to our brand's visual identity and online engagement
strategy. The intern will work in the communications team. The detailed work areas, plan and responsibilities will be defined in the first weeks of employment in collaboration with the intern.
The primary areas of work for which you will gain experience are:
1. Content Creation:
• Create visually appealing and engaging content for various social media platforms,
including graphics and images.• Support team in writing engaging copy for social media, and proof reading of posts.
• Work closely with comms team to maintain a cohesive and visually appealing brand
• Video editing skills are an advantage.
2. Trend Monitoring:
• Stay updated on current social media trends, algorithm changes, industry news and
• Plan and execute innovative visual communication strategies to enhance brand
awareness, increase followership and engagement.
3. Social Media Management:
• Develop and execute social media strategies across all channels.
• Actively engage with the online community, fostering positive relationships and
building a strong brand community.
• Identify and collaborate with relevant influencers or brand advocates to amplify the
4. Campaign Coordination:
• Assist in planning and executing social media campaigns, ensuring visual elements
are consistent with campaign objectives.
• Collaborate with other departments to integrate social media into broader
• Measure performance on all platforms, evaluating strategies.
In addition, you will equally support logistical planning and performing administrative tasks related to the team and team culture. For all team members, we anticipate an active contribution in both meetings, workshops, and the everyday activities of the team, including giving your inputs on UN Live’s strategic direction and development.
Profile for candidates
We are looking for one new team members who have:
• Super strong English writing skills, coupled with an ability and interest in putting them into
action for a global target audience
• Strong knowledge of SoMe trends on various platforms, algorithms, and how to drive
engagements and following
• Strategic and practical experience with social media management and activation of social
• A passion for the United Nation’s values and work including the SDGs and an interest in
being part of a social impact-driven, global environment
• Strong analytical skills and a problem-solving attitude
• High degree of structure and attention to detail
• Both an ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as an ability to work as part of
a multidisciplinary, global team
• Ability to keep track of many moving parts, whilst keeping sight of the overarching goal
• A drive to learn quickly and be challenged with increasing levels of responsibility
• A personality that helps build an engaging, fun, productive and inclusive environment for the
• Relevant and related track record and work experience
• Design skills is an advantage
Candidates who are enrolled in, or have recently graduated from, one of the following fields of study are encouraged to apply: Social Media, Communications or Digital Media, Visual Communication Design, Marketing with Digital Media Specialization, or candidates who can show equivalent work experience through a portfolio of visual communication projects. Note that this list is not exhaustive, so if you meet the above requirements and are enrolled in or have graduated from a different faculty, you are encouraged to apply.
About the internship programme at UN Live
Working hours: The intern will be engaged on a full-time basis of 37 hours per week.
Location: Our headquarters is in Copenhagen, Denmark, but we are ideally looking for a candidate
who will work remotely, to further strengthen our global diversity and presence.
Compensation: UN Live supports interns with a monthly compensation (does not cover full living
costs and requires complementary funds form e.g., scholarships)
Language skills: Native English is required. Additional UN language is considered an advantage.
Learning outcomes: We will work together with the intern in the initial weeks of the programme to
define specific learning outcomes the intern wishes to achieve.
Evaluation: The intern will have two main points of contact within the organisation with whom they
can monitor and discuss their experience and development:
1. A team manager who will be responsible for day-to-day management, sparring and feedback
2. An intern mentor who will be responsible for ongoing support, including as related to personal
development and building the intern’s strategic role in the organisation
Experience and evaluation conversations will happen at regular check-ins with the manager and/or
To apply, please submit your application in English as a combined PDF including: a cover letter
stating your motivation to undertake an internship at UN Live, a CV, link to resources that showcase written and visual skills (such as portfolio or personal social media platforms) and academic transcripts. Letters of reference are optional. We ask you to please refrain from using a photo in your application.
Applications should be sent to this email address: email@example.com. Please enter the
subject line as [full name], INTERN APPLICATION [Social Meida].
The deadline for submissions is Friday, the 21st of February 2024.
Please note that candidates will be invited for interviews on a rolling basis.
We strive to create an inclusive working environment that welcomes everyone, no matter their
background. We believe that our unique differences are what makes our team stronger and
encourage everyone who fulfils the qualifications outlined above to apply.
If you have any questions related to the position or the application process, please reach out to Cintia Bartus, Operations Associate at UN Live firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply