Job role insights
December 8, 2023
December 8, 2023
Nature of employment: Full-time
Reporting to: Academic Coordinator
Location: New Delhi, Delhi
Peepul is an education-focused non-profit organisation committed to transforming India's education system and enabling every child to reach their full potential. We work closely with national, state, and local governments to transform government schools and government systems. Currently, we work with governments in Delhi and Madhya Pradesh to meaningfully have an impact across ~325,000 teachers and 9.75 million+ students across 100,000+ schools.
At Peepul, we collaborate with school systems to build the capacity of leaders, teachers, and institutions. We advocate for policy improvements, support mentoring and monitoring, and enhance student-teacher engagement in classrooms. Our work has been recognised internationally, including receiving the Commonwealth Education Awards for Innovation and being featured in reports by respected organisations like the UN and the National Ministry of Education, India, and we are well-funded by both Indian CSR and prominent international Foundations working toward a common purpose of excellent education for the most disadvantaged sections of society.
Driven by our core values of impact, excellence, and leadership, we are a restless, resilient, and reflective organisations. Our team of 160 employees is passionate about creating lasting change and is rewarded competitively for their dedication. Join us in our mission to create a world where every child has equal access to high-quality education. Learn more about our transformative work at http://peepulindia.org.
Peepul embarked on a multi-year, system-wide transformation program in partnership with the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) in 2021. The objective of this program is to holistically improve the education system, aiming to provide high-quality education for all students by fostering high-performing teachers and enhancing the administrative system within the MCD.
The School Systems Transformation program is founded on a Theory of Change that asserts that through the implementation of a variety of academic, administrative, and institutional reforms, the program will enhance the learning outcomes of students in the state school system. Furthermore, the program will enhance the state's capacity to sustain and further enhance its education system following the conclusion of the program. This transformation initiative will serve as a model for education system enhancement in municipalities throughout the country.
Peepul is actively engaged in a FLN (Foundational Literacy and Numeracy) focused Development Impact Bond (DIB), which spans a 5-year period and covers two zones within the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD). The project commenced with a learning year
(Academic Year 2022-23), followed by four years of outcome-based funding (Academic Year 2023-24 onwards). The project entails the systematic implementation of academic, governance, and technology reforms targeted at bolstering assessments in the Central and West zones.
Over these five years, Peepul will build the systemic understanding and competency in implementing high-quality student-learning focused assessments. This will be done by reviewing existing practices, co-creating Standard Operating Protocols for conducting highquality assessments, conducting training for teachers & officials, etc.
About the role
Our primary teachers are a core part of Peepul’s school network in India. They make the education of their pupils their first concern and commit to do whatever it takes to help each child achieve their full potential. Peepul teachers need to be warm and approachable to the child and the parent. They need to be prepared and organised to teach their lessons in a clear and structured way to enable students to make progress in every lesson, regardless of each student’s starting point.
Responsibilities would include (including but not limited to):
• Ensuring students’ well-being within school is maintained always
• Supporting an ethos of high expectations for behaviour and achievement of all students
• Supporting all students to attend school regularly and on time
• Teaching engaging lessons which enable students to learn effectively
• Being accountable for each students’ progress and outcomes
• Setting and marking students’ work and giving feedback; setting and marking regular assessments to monitor student progress
• Working with colleagues, using assessments and data to plan motivating and inspiring lessons and classroom activities
• Planning and teaching catch up (remedial) sessions for students who are behind
• Producing oral and written reports on students’ progress and attainment, for both colleagues and parents
• Engaging parents as partners in their children’s learning through parents’ meetings and other events
• Organizing and participating in educational trips and events
Training and Development
• Participating in the in-service training programs during the year
• Participating in ongoing development programmes including being regularly observed teaching, receiving and responding to feedback
• Work with internationally recognized experts to share experience and best practice
• Performing additional duties and tasks required for the effective operation of the school, as directed by the Academic Co-coordinator/Head and Education Director.
Qualifications and Role Requirements:
At Peepul, we seek talented professionals passionate about driving educational transformation and making a positive impact. We are looking for individuals who possess the following qualifications and meet the role requirements:
• Educational Background: A relevant educational background in Education (B.El.Ed). Additionally Two-year Diploma in Elementary Education OR Nursery Teacher Training (NTT) diploma OR A pass in the CTET or other Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is preferred.
• Work Experience: We value both professional and personal experience. Candidates with some teaching experience with children from diverse backgrounds are desirable.
• Other Skills: Commitment to equality of opportunity and to safeguarding the wellbeing of all students. Commitment to treating all members of the school community with dignity; showing tolerance of and respect for the rights of others.
• Language Proficiency: English and Hindi
How to apply
To apply for a position, click on the application link .
You will be required to upload:
• Your CV: Please ensure that your CV provides relevant information about your professional and personal experience and details of your academic qualifications. CVs can be one to two pages in length.
• A cover letter: We highly encourage you to use your cover letter to showcase your specific interest in working for Peepul and demonstrate how your qualifications align with the role you are applying for. A tailored cover letter holds significant importance in Peepul's recruitment process as it enables us to comprehend your motivations for the position, your relevant skills, and the clarity of your writing.
For any further queries related to our hiring process and timelines, please contact us at email@example.com.
The last date for the submission of the application is December 2023.
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply