Job role insights
December 9, 2023
December 9, 2023
About Accountability Initiative (AI)
We are a research group which works on strengthening transparency and accountability in governance. We identify and analyse the reasons that work against efficient public service delivery in India. We provide evidence to policymakers, development practitioners, academics, the media and the public for positive transformational change in government systems.
Our vision is to enable Responsive Governance. We believe this can be achieved if institutions are designed in a transparent and accountable manner and are responsive to citizen demands, and there is an informed and mobilised citizenry which can draw upon these platforms. Our mission is to increase both through research and dialogue.
We are a part of the Centre for Policy Research (CPR), one of India’s leading public policy think tanks. We currently have operations and staff in six Indian states.
About the project
Accountability Initiative has partnered with the Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Department, Government of Karnataka to conduct two research studies. The first study maps and analyses the competencies of Gram Panchayat functionaries to conduct their daily tasks that involve digital tools. The second study unpacks the conditions that enable efficient convergence between Gram Panchayats and line departments in sectors such as health, waste management, gender and education.
This position is an Intern for 3 months starting January 2024 and based in Bangalore, Karnataka with travel across the state. This role reports to the Senior Research Associate. The pay will be determined based on experience and level of education.
Intern’s roles and responsibilities
The Intern will be expected to support qualitative data collection in rural Karnataka. The Intern will be expected to:
- Assist in data collection across rural Karnataka with support from Senior Research Associate
- Data entry of interviews, translated from Kannada to English
- Any other relevant tasks assigned.
Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, political science or other relevant fields
- Fluency in Kannada and English – both written and spoken
- Demonstrated experience in research studies with data collection and strong understanding of the context of rural Karnataka
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Interested candidates should apply by filling out this form https://forms.gle/mzCbqau2EGE5FvQf7
The deadline for submission is 18th December 2023. The form should include the following in .pdf files:
- A cover letter describing your background, work experience, interest and suitability for the position;
- A CV, which specifically lists your relevant experience and skills
- At least 1 referee details.
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply