Grameen Foundation for Social Impact (GFSI) is implementing a program titled Generating Rural Opportunities for Women to Win in Agri-entrepreneurship (GROW) in four districts of Andhra Pradesh (East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, and Visakhapatnam). The program will create self-employment with a sustainable and regular income for at least 5,000 women, working as Agri-entrepreneurs (AE) who, in turn, will contribute to the livelihood enhancement of a million smallholder farmers (SHFs).
Position: Trainer – GROW project (multiple vacancies)
Status: Full Time Employee (2-year contract)
Location: Andhra Pradesh (East Godavari, West Godavari, Visakhapatnam and Krishna)
Reporting and relationships: The position will report to the District Manager (DM).
Job Summary: A Trainer will have the requisite experience and qualifications to deliver in-person or online training in a relevant subject. S/he will be responsible for training the AEs and other stakeholders and ensuring that they stay competent and contemporarily skilled in their profiles.
Essential Job Functions
- To design training modules and tools with support from various experts like Enterprise Development Expert, Financial Linkage & Market Linkage Expert, Capacity Building Expert, Agronomist, etc., keeping the auditory, visual, and aesthetic learning styles of learners into consideration
- To conduct and report on training needs assessment in consultation with the capacity building expert and program team
- To develop a roster and plan for imparting training
- To deliver training to the AEs on modules of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), digital data management, agro-advisory, digital financial services, enterprise management, gender sensitization, etc.
- To equip the AEs with problem solving skills to handle challenges related to weather, market fluctuations, supply chain disruptions, etc.
- To equip the AEs with soft skills to enable them to interact effectively and build cohesive relationship with the SHFs and the communities
- To prepare and present the training report to the required stakeholders
- To make use of Grameen’s proprietary digital assets and apps like Grameen Guru and G-LEAP for delivering quality programs in established cadence
- To conduct pre-/post- learning and application assessments of trainees; conduct follow ups and organise need-based refreshers for trainees
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- He/ she should have at least 5 years of experience in the agriculture domain, of which three years should be in the area of farmers and/or entrepreneur capacity building. Demonstrated experience in delivering capacity building programs aimed at women trainees will be a definite plus.
- The minimum qualification would be a Graduate in Agriculture /Rural Development/Social science from a reputed institute; additional certification in Instructional Design / Training of Trainers / Training and Development etc. will be preferable.
- Basic Hindi speaking skills; basic English reading and writing skills; and excellent Telugu speaking, reading and writing proficiency are a must
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be provided in appropriate circumstances. GFI offers a competitive compensation package.
How to apply: Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Trainer – GROW Project” in the subject line and confirming the current and expected compensation and earliest joining date.