Job role insights
November 24, 2023
November 24, 2023
The position would be primarily responsible for ensuring the project is implemented as per the planned timelines and within the agreed budgets. The person will co-ordinate with the project team in Madhya Pradesh and also at Country Office with concerned department team members. The Project Coordinator will report to Director, Program Operations.
Madhya Pradesh government had launched the Mission Ankur to improve the learning outcome for Foundational Literacy and Numeracy (FLN) in 2022. Room to Read along with Central Square Foundation (CSF) and coalition partner have come together for project management and technical partners to work closely with state on to co-design and implement a comprehensive FLN program which includes FLN Goal Setting, teaching and learning, system capacity building and Governance and monitoring.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Program and Contextual understanding:
- Developing an in-depth understanding of project approach and goals.
- Thorough understanding of key govt initiatives and policies at State and Central level.
- Strong understanding of various government structures and roles and responsibilities of the same.
Planning and Budgeting:
- Lead preparation of Annual Work plans along with budgets in prescribed format in consultation with all stake holders.
- Developing detailed Implementation Calendars aligned with planned activities.
- Develop re-budgeting plan in consultation with all stakeholders.
- Ensure accurate budgeting basis the experience and +/-5% utilization.
Tracking program activities:
- Organize review meetings as per the agreed frequency and ensure that action points are adhered to, thereby improving the quality of the project.
- Follow up on organisation of internal staff capacity building initiatives and highlight any gaps.
- Act as the focal point person with state project team for any day-to-day co-ordination.
- Keep abreast with updates from state for any follow-up actions.
- Timely submission of Cash forecast, Financial outlook to Supervisor.
- Review monthly Financial MIS and report any concerns.
- Ensure timely procurement and booking of expenses for all activities.
- Develop ToR for any consultancies that need to be awarded.
- Represent RtR in any coalition meeting as required.
- Conduct regular field visit to oversee program implementation at project location.
- Support RM&E and Literacy team in development of any indicators related to program assessment.
Donor and Global office compliances:
- Ensure all donor compliances are followed, and any deviation is properly documented.
- Timely submission of all reports, fund requests, expenditure statement and other documents.
- Support the development of MoUs, agreements, and any other legal documents as required.
- Timely response to any queries from Donors or Global office.
- Ensure timely submission of timesheets for all staff members.
Documentation for the Project:
- Develop quality donor reports as per the mandate during the reporting period across the project locations.
- Stay informed about programmatic developments at all levels to document them in strategic reports.
- Develop internal notes for circulation with various team members and input during monthly review and planning meetings.
- Contribute to any reports, collaterals due for Donor or internally.
- Support in development of communication materials for project for dissemination on different platforms.
- In consultation with all concerned, develop data dashboards and ensure they are accurately and timely updated.
- Master’s degree in management, social work or related field is required.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent writing skills and high-level command on grammar.
- Ability to easily change writing styles to fit the audience and voice of the piece.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Comfortable working with Budget.
- Poses strong oral and Interpersonal Skills to be able to communicate with potential organizations and or government contacts on the desired grant.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people with diverse communication styles.
- Excellent coordination and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
India - Delhi
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Interested in this job?
0 days left to apply