Job role insights
September 28, 2023
October 28, 2023
A little bit about who we are
At WOTR, we are committed to tackling the key causes of rural poverty by rejuvenating ecosystems and building the community’s resilience to climate change by enhancing water availability, increasing land and agricultural productivity, diversifying livelihoods, empowering women, and strengthening the health and well-being of vulnerable rural communities.
WOTR brings together practitioners, academics, researchers, trainers, and policy makers to work collaboratively in building the resilience of rural communities. Our partners, including donors and government agencies stand resolutely behind us to effect this.
To date we have worked in 10 states in 5107 villages and impacted 4.95 million people in our 30 years of existence.
To know more about us, visit us at: www.wotr.org
The WOTR Centre for Resilience Studies (W-CReS), initiated in 2007 and established in 2016, is WOTR’s eminent and autonomous applied research unit.
Employing a trans-disciplinary approach, W-CReS conducts multi-stakeholder, applied research on critical, ground-level issues impacting society. W-CReS’ mission is to unravel the causal relationships and drivers of behavioural change, devise and test potent strategies for transformation, and contribute to policy enhancement and capacity building.
W-CreS works closely with civil society agencies, businesses, local, state and federal governments to achieve its mission. It has formal MOUs with leading publicly funded research and scientific institutions in India, such as the ICAR, IMD, and CRIDA. Its robust research efforts are attested to by over 200 published research papers, impact studies and socio-economic baseline studies of project villages.
For more about W-CReS’ core objectives and work, do visit us at: https://wotr.org/w-cres/.
At W-CReS you will
- Support a team for Action / applied research projects
- Work in close coordination with the trans-disciplinary team including practitioners
- Develop training modules for communities and practitioners
- Write research publications in peer reviewed journals, report writing and engage in novel ways to communicate research
- Step out into the field and in our areas of intervention
- Conduct Data collection and Data Analysis
- Support the organisation with other needs whenever required
Apply if you have:
- A PhD or Master’s with minimum four years’ research experience (interdisciplinary/ action research) in one of the following
- Environmental science (Not Pollution) Majorly deals with ecosystems and Landscape Ecology
- Ecology/ Forestry/ Natural Resource Management/Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
-The passion to work toward sustainable development through ecosystem regeneration and its management
-The openness to working with a trans-disciplinary team
-The willingness to learn and adopt new technologies in your outreach to communities and in related applied/action research
-The commitment to making a positive impact in the lives of rural communities and to achieving the targets India has set w.r.t. the SDGs, LDN, CBD and other
Location : Pune, Maharashtra, India
Note : Freshers can also apply for this position
Interested in this job?
30 days left to apply