Research Associate – Health and Human Development
Job role insights
February 7, 2024
March 8, 2024
Location : New Delhi
CSEP is looking to hire an economist as Research Associate (3-5 years of experience) with interest in health policies and their intersection with the economy. We are looking for candidates who are interested in issues such as medical education and the health workforce, women’s health and its intersection with their economic advancement and health policies at sub national level; have a broad understanding of the health sector and institutions; have research experience, and are able to conduct quantitative analysis.
The Health and Human Development vertical focuses on 1) the interaction of health and other elements of human development with national development and growth, and 2) on the systems, financing and policies that can build human development in India. Of particular focus within this vertical is health policy, with a focus on health systems. Equity in healthcare access is a prime consideration with a specific focus on gender and healthcare.
CSEP provides unique opportunities to work with policymakers, senior and distinguished Fellows at CSEP and researchers globally. We work with in-house, national and global experts, and regularly interact with stakeholders including industry and policymakers. CSEP offers a strong and credible platform for policy dialogue across relevant stakeholders, based on in-house and other research.
The Research Associate would be expected to:
- Support the conceptualisation of research studies on various topics within the realm of health policy specifically and human development more broadly
- Support the collection and analysis of social and economic data, from large public data sets, using appropriate methodologies and statistical tools to derive meaningful insights.
- Undertake research, both quantitative and qualitative
- Collaborate with team members in the design and execution of research projects.
- Interact with diverse stakeholders as part of the research
- Prepare and deliver presentations, reports, and research findings to internal stakeholders and external audiences
The Research Associate is expected to have:
- A PhD in economics or associated areas from a globally recognised institute. S/he would ideally have a publications record with empirical and policy-oriented research.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret complex economic data.
- Proficiency in statistical software such as Stata, E-Views, Python, R, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams.
- A strong passion for policy research and a commitment to making a positive impact through evidence-based recommendations.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
The Centre for Social and Economic Progress (CSEP) conducts independent, in-depth, and policy-relevant research, and provides evidence-based recommendations to the challenges facing India and the world. It draws on the expertise of its researchers, extensive interactions with policymakers as well as convening power to enhance the impact of research. Our researchers work across the domains of Economic Growth and Development including Health and Human Development; Energy, Natural Resources, Climate change and Sustainability; and Foreign Policy and Security. All our research and policy recommendations are freely available to the public.
CSEP is based in New Delhi and registered as a company limited by shares and not for profit, under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 1956 (now Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013).
CSEP is an independent, non-partisan research organisation based in New Delhi. It is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons regardless of race, colour, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation shall have equal access to positions, limited only by their ability to do the job.
Note: The job description may be modified or amended as per organisational requirements and to align with changing research priorities.
Interested in this job?
9 days left to apply