Grameen Foundation for Social Impact (GFSI) is implementing a program titled Generating Rural Opportunities for Women to Win in Agri-entrepreneurship (GROW) in four districts of Andhra Pradesh (East Godavari, West Godavari, Krishna, and Visakhapatnam). The program will create self-employment with a sustainable and regular income for at least 5,000 women, working as Agri-entrepreneurs (AE) who, in turn, will contribute to the livelihood enhancement of a million smallholder farmers (SHFs).
Position: District Manager- GROW project
Number of Positions: Four (4)
Status: Full Time Employee (2-year contract)
Location: Andhra Pradesh (East Godavari, West Godavari, Visakhapatnam and Krishna)
Reporting and relationships: The position reports to the Senior Project Manager of GROW project. The District Manager will directly supervise staff, local implementing partners and contractors related to the project. The position will be based in Andhra Pradesh.
Job Summary: The District Manager (DM) will be responsible for all operations in her/his assigned district and ensure that the implemented activities are aligned with the project overall goal. The project will have four district managers, one for each district.
Essential Job Functions:
- To establish clear goals, targets, milestones, activities, etc., for trainers and field mobilizers and provide guidance, support, and regular feedback to help them implement the project in their district
- To monitor and oversee the functioning of all trainers and field mobilizers in their district
- To work in close coordination with the trainers and field mobilizers in mobilizing the community and potential AEs to participate in capacity building sessions, and Interpersonal Communication (IPC)
- To lead the scouting, and plan for mentoring and accompaniment of the Agri-Entrepreneurs (AEs) selected in the assigned district
- To help develop the confidence, knowledge, critical thinking skills, and understanding of the project among the community and AEs
- To identify relevant stakeholders within the community and the district ecosystem for potential collaborations or developing partnerships with local agencies for successful business operations of the AEs
- To provide regular updates to the SPM about the district’s operations and report any issues/ bottlenecks blocking the project’s progress
- To build and maintain the relationships with local stakeholders and project communities, particularly the AEs to foster support and cooperation for the project’s success
- To ensure collection and analysis of relevant data and its tracking and use for decision making in the project
- To ensure development of relevant digital content and project wide adoption of Grameen’s proprietary apps for project databasing, client capacity-building, creation and curation of knowledge assets, and for project documentation and monitoring
- Development of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports
Education and Experience
- (S)he should have 5 to 8 years of work experience in the agriculture domain, particularly in agri supply chain management, FPO management, Managing FPO business portfolio, FPO capacity building, ensuring market, Finance and Technology Linkages, liaising with government departments and market players.
- The minimum qualification would be Graduation in Agriculture /Rural Development/Social Science and an industry-recognized MBA / PG Diploma in Business Management from a reputed institute
- Basic Hindi speaking skills; good English reading and writing skills; and excellent Telugu speaking, reading and writing proficiency are a must
Additional Comments: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made in appropriate circumstances. GFI offers a competitive compensation package.
How to apply: Interested candidates may apply by sending their updated resumes and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “District Manager – GROW project” in the subject line and confirming the current and expected compensation and earliest joining date.